- Duration of results: 3-4 months
- Recovery from treatment: 1-2 days
- Risks and complications: Low
- Anesthetic: Ice/numbing/none
- Procedure Duration: 15 minutes or less
Why Botox or Dysport?
Botulinum toxin is an amazing way to gain back more of a youthful appearance without having to undergo any type of surgery. Many people are choosing Botox over surgery because of the convenience, inexpensiveness, time, recovery and ease. It’s an amazing and non-invasive way to almost immediately appear younger. Many people are referring to it as “The Liquid Facelift.”
So what exactly is The Liquid Facelift? It is the strategic combining of Botox and dermal fillers over the face to create a younger, plumper and more aesthetically pleasing lookthat is desired by the patient. It addresses pesky and unwanted lines, wrinkles, sagging and loss of volume. Patients enjoy this procedure not only because of the ease, price and time, but also because of its more subtle appearance in comparison to going under the knife.
- Avoid blood-thinning medications two weeks prior to treatment if possible
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours before the treatment if you are prone to bruising or swelling
- Discontinue Retin-A/Retinol usage for 2 days before treatment
- It is recommended that you have a meal within a few hours before your procedure
- Do not lay down for at least 4 hours post to your injections
- Do not bend over and lift heavy objects
- Wait 48 hours before engaging in vigorous exercise
- Avoid alcohol and excess amounts of salt for 24 hours
- It is best to avoid make up for several hours on the injection site
- Avoid massaging the area or applying intense pressure after treatment for 3 hours
- Sometimes smiling and frowning can help the Botox set in to the muscle
- Discontinue Retin-A/Retinol usage for 2 days after treatment
How Much Will I Need?
This is dependent upon the person, But Dr. Zak will happily address this during the consultation.
Where Will It Be Injected?
This is dependent upon the person, what is needed, and what is desired. Usually Botox will be used in the frown line and possibly other parts of the forehead.
What kind of wrinkles does Botox address?
Botox treats wrinkles from deep lines to fine ones, it is generally more noticeable with deep wrinkles.
At What Age Should Someone Start With Botox?
This is a debatable topic, but people as young as 25 years of age have been known to receive Botox injections in order to take preventative measures to avoid deeper wrinkles from forming.
ZAR R75 (per Unit)VAT incl.
- 1 hour
- No Downtime
ZAR R70 (per Unit)VAT Incl.
- 1 Hour
- No Downtime